FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to work with Audio with Avid ?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sharif Al-Haj
How to work with Audio with Avid ?
on Aug 30, 2012 at 7:31:30 pm

Hello All!

I hope you are able to help me with this question I have. Just recently switched from Final Cut Pro 7.0 to Avid Media Composer 6.0

In FCP I was able to easily manipulate the audio levels/channels. How do I deal with this in Avid Media Composer?

What I need to be able to do?

1. Increase volume channels 1 & 2

2. Erase either channel 1 or 2

3. Start with regular volume level and pin point it down.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: How to work with Audio with Avid ?
on Aug 30, 2012 at 8:25:19 pm

A couple of ways...

A) Open the audio mixer. Adjust levels in there.

B) On the timeline, upper left next to the timecode window...on the timeline...click on the triangle. That is the TRACK CONTROL PANEL. It opens up a lot of audio options for the tracks. Then, click on the thing that looks like the big dipper. Enable CLIP GAIN and VOLUME for all tracks. Now, you can add keyframes to the audio Have the track selected, press the " key...you get keyframes. Drag those up and down. The bottom of the timeline on the left shows you what dB you are at when you do that. And to move to the left and right...hold OPTION and drag left or right.

to erase audio...mark IN and OUT...have the tracks select that you want to remove...then press the Z key to erase the audio. Or, if you have the SMART TOOL enabled, click on the clips and press DELETE. You might have to delete twice, for if you have levels on the clips, or keyframes, the first delete will get rid of those. The second delete will remove the clip.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Stacy Lincoln
on Aug 30, 2012 at 8:33:21 pm

Open the Audio Tool...under Tools. Also open the mixer. You can drag the levels up and down here. That's the easiest way as you begin to navigate the system. But there are many buttons you need to know as well. Under the "Hamburger" tool, as we often call it, on the lower left of your timeline (it's a square with a black line in the middle) click on that and go to Audio. You can choose to see your waveform here etc. To delete a track...simply click on A1, A2 etc....and hit delete. It will usually ask you if you really want to delete it. That's a function you can turn off. But, I'd keep it on to prevent mistakes. Those are some basic first functions. There are other ways to open audio tracks, but this will get your going. There might be a good tutorial on Youtube.
To add an audio track quickly, the shortcut is Control "U". To add a video track, Control "Y".

Return to posts index

Nick Tysons
on Aug 30, 2012 at 10:02:10 pm

I have done it this way before.. However when transferring the "finished product" to tape, the deleted track returns as if I had never manipulated it. I will continue working on it though.

Thank you Stacy!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]