FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Symphony + Mac OSX 10.7.2 + Drobo Elite

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Kunhardt
Avid Symphony + Mac OSX 10.7.2 + Drobo Elite
on Aug 29, 2012 at 9:20:47 pm

I have just done a major upgrade, from MC4 (running 10.5.8) to Symphony v6.0.1 (running 10.7.2). For the shows that we do, we capture ALL our footage 15:1 and upconvert them in post. I have been using the Drobo Elite (which has worked amazingly!) for the past 2 projects. Since upgrading I have seen a significant decline in speed in the program. I have called Avid and they have suggested turning off one of my ethernet NICs which 100% helps. However, I NEED to be online since my transcripts, emails about the project and everything comes through and is organized in this fashion, and I need to be connected to the Drobo (which is through iSCSI) using a static IP address. I also have another Avid running MC5 connected to the Drobo (also on 10.7.2) and it too, is having major issues).

In Console this is the error that constantly comes up:

8/29/12 4:45:10.813 PM automountd: parse_entry: bad key in map
auto_home: Avid MediaFiles
8/29/12 4:45:10.904 PM automountd: parse_entry: bad key in map auto_home: OMFI MediaFiles

Everything from opening/closing a bin takes a long time, Avid sometimes can't even open up - it just freezes when both NICs are open and in use. For now I will continue to use just one NIC (connect my drobo) but if anyone has any ideas, PLEASE let me know! Thanks so much

George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]