FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't get MXF files into Avid 6.0

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Miller
Can't get MXF files into Avid 6.0
on Aug 28, 2012 at 6:23:48 pm

We shot Red Epic and transcoded to MXF DNxHD175, but I can't seem to get Avid to link to AMA or import the footage in any way. It puts up an error message saying "unable to link to any clips". I'm not familiar working with MXF files. Any advice??

Here's what the console tells me:

------ AMA Link To File(s) ------

(A000006F) - Essence container data not exist for source package!
Unsupported mxf file 0x8000FFFF /Snapshots/relengsnow5_1324419834/xplat/AMAPlugins/MSP_GenericMXF/MSP_GenericMXF/projects/mac/../../source/mxf2aaf.cpp(279)
Unsupported MXF file 0xA0000069 /Snapshots/relengsnow5_1324419834/xplat/AMAPlugins/MSP_GenericMXF/MSP_GenericMXF/projects/mac/../../source/GenericMXFContainer.cpp(89)
[ Plugin Name = MSP_MXF Plug-In Avid Technology, Inc. Version = 1.6 ] does not support /Volumes/IP_drive02/IP_Day_1_Transcode_Media/Reel1/A001_C001_0822L4.mxf
[ Plugin Name = SonyXDCAM_64bit Sony Corporation Version = 1.3031 ] does not support /Volumes/IP_drive02/IP_Day_1_Transcode_Media/Reel1/A001_C001_0822L4.mxf
[ Plugin Name = QuickTime Plug-In Avid Technology, Inc. Version = 1.2 ] does not support /Volumes/IP_drive02/IP_Day_1_Transcode_Media/Reel1/A001_C001_0822L4.mxf

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Can't get MXF files into Avid 6.0
on Aug 28, 2012 at 7:32:59 pm

As a test, copy a small MXF file to a folder on your hard drive and try AMA linking to that file and see if it works. I have had 3 things happen when AMA linking failed. 1) Drive on my system cannot be mounted as a "volume" drive (I am on Windows 7) 2) AMA has not worked for me in the past when it had to "navigate" through too many folders to link, such as a "STREAM" folder buried in 6 other folders. 3) make sure you have the correct AMA plugin available on Avid's download website that matches your file codec.

other than those things, it is over my head - I'm not as experienced as most on here :-)

Ricky

Return to posts index

Tina Hedegaard
Re: Can't get MXF files into Avid 6.0
on Aug 28, 2012 at 8:19:36 pm

If the files already are .mxf, then you should place the files so avid can see them on the root level of hard drive.
Then make sure that your folder structure is correct
Avid Mediafiles > MXF > 1 (or the number you have reached).
Then you can do two things.
1) import the .ale or aaf that came along with the clips
Or
2) let avid scan the media drive and drag the file that ends with .mdb (media database) - it is somewhere among your files

Hope it helps

Cheers

Tina Hedegaard
Editor | Assisting Editor
Final Cut Pro 7 | Media Composer 5.5.3/6.0.1.1
Mac OS 10.6.8| Mac OS 10.7.4

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]