FORUMS: list search recent posts

dv100 on mac

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
clay smith
dv100 on mac
on Aug 25, 2012 at 12:00:13 am

please be patient. novice with avid. I was sent a .mov file encoded in DVCpro HD (apple). At that time, i only had pc, so i imported it into Avid Epress Pro Hd. I created a QT reference file, and worked on the project in Vegas, and exported to SD for DVD. worked great. beautiful encode.

now, I want to archive the original HD version, for possible bluray. I expoerted as QT movie, checking using the Avid codec in export settings, and i now have a QT file that reports as being in DV100 Codec. I downloded the Avid LE codecs to my new iMac, and even installed the trial version of Composer. While the sound plays, the picture is black in Quicktime on Mac, as well as in Final Cut Pro. Interesting, I have a cheap Wondsershare Media Converter installed on the mac, and it sees the .mov fine in the preview window. VLC sees it, but distorts the right half of the picture.

What is going on? Is there a way to make QT file of the movie so I can delete the original Avid imported media files (video and audio tracks), and just work with that QT file on either Mac or PC if it is Avid DV100?

What am I doing wrong such that the QT file won't play video in Quicktime or FCP?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]