FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid error message

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dan luke
Avid error message
on Aug 21, 2012 at 11:00:16 pm

Using MC 6.0.1.1 on a mac with kona LHi hardware. I am using AMA to link to qt prores files. I frequently receive the following error message and have to leave the application and restart to get back on track. I'd estimate it happens about once every hour.

AMEResourceManager::ReconfigHW_Legend BoB_Play()
Error [2147483657] unable to: legendBoB

Anyone have similar problems or possible clues?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avid error message
on Aug 21, 2012 at 11:11:59 pm

Uninstall the IO driver for the Kona hardware, and the general driver for the LHi. Go download the latest, even if it is the same ones you have now.

Reinstall them.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

dan luke
on Aug 22, 2012 at 5:30:40 pm

uninstalled kona 10.3.2 drivers and re=installed them. Don't know how to uninstall the open IO driver so I reinstalled the 10.1 version. Same problem same error message. I get the spinning beach ball for around 10 seconds before the error shows up.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 22, 2012 at 6:06:43 pm

Hmmmm....And AJA help, which is good...didn't go far.

How about...make a new user in Avid...new fresh user settings. Then don't modify anything.

Uninstall Avid, then reinstall. It doesn't take that long.

After that...god...what I'd do is (if this is a tower), get a new hard drive, install the OS from scratch, the app and drivers from scratch and go from there.

OH!! What OS are you running?

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

dan luke
on Aug 22, 2012 at 8:57:32 pm

I tried uninstalling MC and installed the latest version 6.0.3, same problem. I'm running OS 10.7.4
I have emailed AJA support, haven't heard anything. I'm assuming they are saying "WTF not our problem, talk to avid." I wish there was a comprehensive list of error message explanation for avid products because there are a lot of messages and for the most part they are obscure.
-dan

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 22, 2012 at 10:46:39 pm

Hmmm...

I do know that I got that message when I was on 6.0.1.1, but it went away with 6.0.3. Well, I did switch from the Kona 3 to the IoXT too. WOnder if that had anything to do with it.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

dan luke
on Aug 25, 2012 at 8:26:57 pm

Rudy at AJA support got back to me. Turns out I was not aware there was a 10.3.2 version of the I/O plugin. He pointed it out and after installing it MC is working much better. Thank-you AJA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]