FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting EDLs for Cue Sheets.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Five
Exporting EDLs for Cue Sheets.
on Aug 17, 2012 at 4:10:21 pm

Does anyone know of an efficient automated function that would allow me to export an EDL from Avid that can be used to create a detailed Cue Sheet? Oftentimes inside my sequences I will have the same cue overlapping itself on two or more tracks. In these instances they need to be calculated as one use. Also, fade Ins and Outs need to be calculated into their timings.

As it is now, I am having to go through each sequence, marking the individual clips, document their durations, add them all up and then type it all out into a separate word document. Some times for up to 60 cues per sequence.
If there is an Application or Automated workflow that anyone knows of to streamline this process it would be a great help and time saver.

My desired end result is a word document that lists each cue used in my sequence (in order of use) How many times its was used (overlapping counted as one use) and the total time it was used.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Exporting EDLs for Cue Sheets.
on Aug 17, 2012 at 5:10:51 pm

If you don't need their record side position, you may want to try a decompose of the audio tracks with 0 handles. The process takes fades and dissolves into consideration and only will make one clip, even if used several times. Sort results and export as TAB.

If you need record position as well, FilmScribe exports pull, scene pull and such as XML - you can look to that as the master file, but would need to parse the XML into something you can use.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]