FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC6 Blending Modes

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Gape
MC6 Blending Modes
on Aug 16, 2012 at 8:17:27 am

Hi,

Sorry to drag this topic back out of the dirt. I know this subject has been talked about a lot in the past but I've been looking around the internet and reading forums about the subject and they all date back to around 2010 or a time pre-MC6.

I use different blending modes a lot in the work I do whether its in Phtoshop, After Effects, Premiere or FCP. I would be really suprised if this wasn't a readily available function in MC6, without the need of any third party plugins as it's a pretty standard NLE tool in any software. Is there a way I can simply change the blend mode of a clip?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: MC6 Blending Modes
on Aug 16, 2012 at 2:34:32 pm

Blending modes are the stuff of compositors. FCP was great in that it introduced the idea of compositing within the editing application. Premiere did this too, as it has some stuff from After Effects...a composting too.

Avid was designed to be a straight editor...with some minor compositing ability. It never had blending modes...and only does now if you have Boris Continuum.

Yeah, I miss this ability too.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Aug 16, 2012 at 2:58:00 pm

i havent tried this before, but cant you apply a paint effect and use the transfer modes from within there ?

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

Alain Dessauvage
on Aug 16, 2012 at 4:57:31 pm

I thought about that too, but although the Paint effect has transfer modes, it can't apply them to the image, just to a solid 2D colour box or polygon

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0220918/

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Aug 17, 2012 at 4:32:19 am

How about something in avid fx?

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Sep 1, 2012 at 4:54:31 pm

Drop an avid fx filter on the uoper clip, then play with blending modes there. Not realtime but works and with way more options than fcp.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 1, 2012 at 5:15:13 pm

There is an Avid FX Composite mode that is RT. I think it's a BORIS one though. I'm using it a LOT on my latest show.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]