FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mediafiles corrupt over time?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kari Herring
Mediafiles corrupt over time?
on Aug 10, 2012 at 10:47:09 am

Hi there,

Our production company is currently starting Season 3 of a mildly popular TV show. Yesterday, I received a request from the network- long story short, I need to take our Season 1 & 2 drives out of storage so I can send in all the finished sequences with their consolidated mediafiles.

Our Season 1 was edited by an external company, and the drive they gave us is jumbled and chaotic. I've managed to sift through to find the sequences and their mediafiles (divided by episode number), but Avid crashes when I try to build database files for each episode. I've been doing the "process of elimination" technique, and it's come down to all the video and titles working fine. However, if I try to move any music mediafiles in, the system crashes.

The Season 1 footage and drives were assembled over a year ago, so the company was probably working with an older version of Avid. We are on v6 here, but I've never seen a situation like this before.

Can you think of any reason the music mediafiles and ONLY the music mediafiles would not be working?

And if there is a reason, I would love an explanation. I have to explain to the network why I won't be able to send them music in these sequences, and they'll be less mad if I can explain. Yikes.

-All systems here are Mac OS X 10.6
-All external drives I'm dealing with are G-Raid
-All software is Avid Media Composer 6

Return to posts index

Kasper Sørensen
Re: Mediafiles corrupt over time?
on Aug 10, 2012 at 2:39:46 pm

Are you trying to batch import or just move the OMFI files?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]