FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid MC6 export to XDCAM HD SXS

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Yun
Avid MC6 export to XDCAM HD SXS
on Aug 9, 2012 at 5:14:55 am

I have been trying to export video to sxs card via thunderbolt as xdcam hd 1440x1080 60i 35mbps. I can get the video to the card and see it on the sxs card, but when I put the card into the camera, I don't see the video since I believe it is missing the file structure. The video is exported out as MXF. I need to get it back onto the card to send the video back via liveu or other wireless systems in HD instead of FTPing video. Any suggestion on the solution would be greatly appriciated.

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: Avid MC6 export to XDCAM HD SXS
on Aug 9, 2012 at 6:28:30 am

I don't think XDCAM HD can be written to SxS cards. SxS cards typically record XDCAM EX. Using the Output to Device feature you can export to XDCAM optical discs as XDCAM HD (35 Mbs) or XDCAM HD 50 Mps using an F1600 in PC mode, or a U1 or U2 drive.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Scott Yun
on Aug 9, 2012 at 7:03:49 am

I am using the PMW 500 which is xdcam on sxs cards. The cards are formated in UDF mode not Fat 32. Avid does output to the sxs card at 35 mbps mxf format. I can see it using xdcam transfer and on the sxs card, but not when I put it back back into the camera.

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Aug 9, 2012 at 3:04:48 pm

Gotcha. I haven't used that camera, so I didn't know that worked but it makes sense. What process did you use the export the file?

I do this all the time on 5.5, granted I'm exporting to XDCAM optical discs, but as long as your cards are formatted correctly it should be fine. In my case, I use a U1 connect to a PC Avid with XDCAM utility installed. I use XDCAM utility to format the disc. Then I open my sequence I want to export and go to Output > Export to Device > XDCAM. In my case, I've been creating XDCAM 50 Mbs files, but the 35 option is there. It sounds like it might be more like a disc structure issue.

I dug up this on the Avid support board, might help.

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/105795/612143.aspx

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Scott Yun
on Aug 10, 2012 at 9:13:32 pm

Thanks Richard. Do you format your optical disk in UDF format or does it give you an option? Do you have to format the disk before you put the video on the disk?

What I've done is connect the sxs card via thunderbolt, I have video on the card which has the file structure I need. I use the same process you do to export to the sxs card, but use the 35 MBS. I do see the video on the sxs card and using xdcam transfer, I can see the video. Only when I put it in the camera, video doesn't show up.

I will try reformatting the sxs card with xdcam utility and will post later to see if that worked.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Aug 9, 2012 at 1:39:58 pm

I don't know much about the SxS cards, but if the structure is your only problem, you can create that with a virtual xdcam export. I usually do this, then copy the entire structure to our U1 drive. (anytime i output xdcam its for distribution to a couple of local broadcasters. This way i only have to make the files once, and then copy to as many discs as needed)

Do a google search for "virtual xdcam drive" sorry...windows only.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Scott Yun
on Aug 19, 2012 at 9:12:00 pm

Hey Glenn,
I don't know if its a file structure or not. I am able to import the file into the sxs card by using clip browser and play the video. Once I put the card into the camera, I'm getting a unplayable video. Is there a way to export out xdcam hd in a 4:2:0 or is it only 4:2:2? I don't know if that is the issue or not, but I'm not able to get this working. I was able to get it to work one time and have tried numerous times the exact same way without any luck.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]