FORUMS: list search recent posts

copy and paste attributes (effects) in avid media composer 6

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Vincent
copy and paste attributes (effects) in avid media composer 6
on Aug 7, 2012 at 10:33:23 pm

Moving over from FCP to avid Media Composer 6, want to copy and paste effects from one clip to another or multiple clips, etc. FCP it's as easy as pasting selected attributes. Can anyone tell me how it's done in MC 6? Much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: copy and paste attributes (effects) in avid media composer 6
on Aug 8, 2012 at 7:10:59 am

Sorry, it can't be done like it's done in FCP. You have to save all the effects in a bin, and apply them one at a time, in the right order (opt-dragging them onto the clips) one at a time.

Yup, big pain.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Aug 8, 2012 at 7:18:16 am

Avid doesn't do a paste attributes in the same way as FCP, but are are a few ways of doing a very similar thing.

A thing I do a lot is to drag the effects to a bin, rename tham so that I know what each one does, and drag them onto each media clip that I want the effect on.

If you want the same effect across a sequence, put the effect(s) on the video layer(s) above the cut shots, using add edit to set the start and end points for the effect on the track. [If you don't already know, you can use clip effects for transition effects in this way.]

If a shot has several effects on it that you want to duplicate, sometimes it's worth duplicating that shot (with it's effects) into the place where you want to see the new shot, then step in and replace the old shot with the new one at the "bottom" level, below the effects as it were.

Return to posts index

Jeff Vincent
on Aug 8, 2012 at 6:27:24 pm

Thanks, very helpful... Much appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]