FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC 6 Edge Wipe reversal

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Prum
MC 6 Edge Wipe reversal
on Aug 7, 2012 at 8:34:41 pm

This is kind of silly but I can not figure out how to make the horizontal edge wipe effect go in the opposite direction. Shouldn't there be a reverse button or a parameter under "Foreground" in the effect editor? I know I am missing something really obvious.

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: MC 6 Edge Wipe reversal
on Aug 7, 2012 at 9:27:49 pm

Less straight forward that you'd think it'd be. How I do it is, I drop the edge wipe effect on my two clips. Then I park the play head on the transition and go into effects mode. With effects mode open, click the "Show/Hide Keyframe Graphs" icon (it's in the lower right corner). Click the arrow to the left of Foreground, so that the slider (and keyframe graph) opens up. Right click in the keyframe graph, next to foreground and select "Reverse Keyframes". Finally, click the "Swap Sources" check box, and voila, reversed edge wipe.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Max Prum
on Aug 7, 2012 at 9:38:01 pm

Ahh I ultimately did this by clicking around until i hit the little box that converted it to a 3d Warp and then switching the key frames in the "crop" field. Either way seems unnecessarily complex. Thanks I think your way is simpler and better.

Return to posts index

Roger Mitchell
on Oct 22, 2013 at 11:59:01 am

Thank you SO much for that tip - I've been going insane trying to work that out - by 2013 AVID really ought to have simplified this sort of ridiculous stuff. Editors have no time to be going into menus to "reverse keyframes" and "swap sources" - it's so out-of-date!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]