FORUMS: list search recent posts

ALT Key won't work on Mac

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Wheatley
ALT Key won't work on Mac
on Aug 7, 2012 at 12:27:36 pm

Hi,

I'm working my way through Avid after making the switch and I've noticed that my ALT key doesn't seem to want to work. I've tried it in other apps and in the Finder and it works fine. I've even changed my modifyer keys in the system settings so that Caps Lock became ALT and that still didn't work.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I'm on Avid Symphony 6.0.1. I'm running on a Mac Pro 1,1 with an upgraded graphics card and RAM and what not. I've read about there being some issues with 1,1 but these seemed to be a case of "it won't install".

As far as I can tell everything else seems to work fine.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: ALT Key won't work on Mac
on Aug 7, 2012 at 1:34:55 pm

Try creating a new user setting from scratch

This has nothing to do with your Mac Pro 1,1. Running fine here.

Return to posts index

Sam Wheatley
on Aug 7, 2012 at 6:04:07 pm

I made a new user and it appears to be working fine. The mistake I appear to have been making is that it's a little different to Finder in that you need to hold ALT before you click and drag. Although the + symbol that the book I'm working through (official documentation) seems to suggest will appear doesn't.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Aug 9, 2012 at 1:46:20 pm

no the plus sign doesn't appear anywhere. The book is simply using that instead of the word "and"

same as trying to stop some onscreen functions, it will tell you to do a "command + ." or "ctrl + ."

Probably would be better served to say "command and ." or "ctrl and ."

Glenn

Return to posts index

Sam Wheatley
on Aug 9, 2012 at 2:06:12 pm

I'm sure the book suggested that a plus symbol would appear, but never mind. It works, which is what I wanted/needed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]