FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export Crash

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Edwards
Export Crash
on Aug 5, 2012 at 12:02:39 pm

I'm new to Avid and using the software-only MC6 on a well-specified PC.

When I try to export my 20 minute long 1920x1080 file to QT (H.264) I have two options,- Best Quality and Faster Encode.

The latter works, though I'm not keen on its quality.

The former hangs almost at the end of a 3 hour render leaving a corrupt file and the message: Exception: std:exception, what:Error c0000005 in thread"CQTExportWorkingThreadBody",ACCESS_VIOLATION, at address 000007FEF310BFB9

I'd be grateful for any suggestions as to how to deal with this.

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
Re: Export Crash
on Aug 5, 2012 at 9:12:07 pm

MC 6 has some known issues with long quicktime exports. So, I cannot give you a fix without making you change your workflow a bit unfortunately.

If you're using MXF media (not AMA) then export a quicktime reference movie. This will be a much faster export and will be 100% quality to your edit. The resulting quicktime can be imported into Sorenson Squeeze (or any other encoding app) to create the proper H264 that you desire.

If aren't using MXF media (such as AMA files) Then you will need to create a video mix down of your timeline first. To do this, clear your in/out marks on the sequence, and highlight all tracks. Then SPECIAL > Video Mixdown. If you wish you can also do an Audio Mixdown in the same fashion, just SPECIAL > Audio Mixdown.

These mixdowns are full quality MXF versions of your edit. You can then create a new sequence containing only the video/audio mix downs. Doing a quicktime reference movie will work and will be super fast (about 3-5 seconds). You can then, once again, import this quicktime reference movie into any compression software.

Return to posts index

Kevin P McAuliffe
on Aug 6, 2012 at 3:16:47 am

Also, make sure you are running the most recent version of MC or Symphony (6.0.1.1), which resolves a lot of issues.

Kevin P McAuliffe
Creative COW Leader
kevinpmcauliffe@gmail.com
Twitter: @kpmcauliffe

Return to posts index

Dave Edwards
on Aug 6, 2012 at 7:56:02 am

Thank you both for your comments: I will give this a go.

Return to posts index

Dave Edwards
on Aug 10, 2012 at 2:38:27 pm

Having repeated the whole operation but this time importing the AVCHD using the "AVC-Intra 100" option,- everything worked! This is good news as I now have a workflow for 3D in which Avid copes better at the editing stage with 3D HD than does Sony Vegas: you can actually see what you are editing in the preview.

Thank you again for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]