FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any good plugin or trick to rescue OUT OF FOCUS SD videos ?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Ag
Any good plugin or trick to rescue OUT OF FOCUS SD videos ?
on Aug 3, 2012 at 9:05:05 pm

Hi, does anybody knows any good filter or 3rd party plugin or any trick to rescue severe OUT OF FOCUS SD videos, I'm a Premiere Pro user (I used to use AVID years ago) and I don't know if new AVID has any good advantage in out of focus correction over Premiere Pro or there is any good plugin or trick to rescue out of focus on SD videos
Any advice is really appreciated, I'm totall desperated !!
Thanks for your time

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: Any good plugin or trick to rescue OUT OF FOCUS SD videos ?
on Aug 3, 2012 at 9:13:56 pm

Nothing to really fix bad focus. Sharp filters only enhance the edges, but won't fix bad focus. Reshoot is the only way to get that taken care of.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Aug 4, 2012 at 1:16:35 pm

My trick is to add a mask around the most interesting part, and blur the rest even more.
This way the important stuff is sharper than the rest, making it less noticeable.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Dave Edwards
on Aug 5, 2012 at 7:53:12 pm

If this is only an element within a longer piece which is OK can you find a visual excuse for shrinking the soft frame - by placing the material within a simulated TV set, for example - as a smaller image can appear to have better resolution?

Return to posts index

Nick Ag
on Aug 6, 2012 at 6:28:11 am

Thanks to everyone, Richard, this was a wedding so I can not re-shoot, Bouke, unfortunately the camera is moving of paning very frequently and most of the shots are wide so I can not use a mask in most of the cases, so I have to do something with the whole frame,

and Dave, actually a picture-in-picture was going to be one of my resources to disguise the bad focus but I can not do it the whole 2 hours (or more) video, 4 tapes were recorded using a low sharp camera preset by mistake

I saw on a web than some video editors have better sharpening filters than others, but this case is really bad, not just slight,
I bought an analog video corrector device with sharpening but it seems to look worst than digital sharpening (unacceptable, not even close), I'm really desperate !!

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Aug 6, 2012 at 3:02:08 pm

You are probably going to have to come clean to your client. Nothing is going to fix that to the level of what is expected in a wedding video. Thats the painful truth. Sharpening filters will help slight focus issues, but if it's bad, there is not enough resolution in the image to bring out any detail, especially in SD. I know on Law and Order, the forensics guy makes a few keystrokes and suddenly the video is crisp and clear...but that is fiction, i am afraid. Plus, the aesthetics of security cam video are quite different than for a wedding.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Aug 8, 2012 at 9:29:04 pm

how come you ended up with 2 hours of out of focus footage?
you said there are pans etc so its cearly a manned camera.
i dont get it

peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Nick Ag
on Aug 8, 2012 at 11:30:02 pm

Peter, I meant that a final edited DVD is around 2 hours long so far, but the raw footage is 4 tapes (more than 3.5 hours), I hired a guy to record that wedding while I was in anothere event and his cameras was using a low sharp preset by mistake, so even if it looks ok while he was recording, the final captured video looks like out of focus, sample attached, SD video

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Aug 9, 2012 at 7:22:56 am

I see.
Youll not be hiring him again then.
Personally before i do anything I personally go through every setting myself to check it is the way i want it.
I Trust nobody - ever.

Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]