FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC6 and Mountian Lion: Any conflicts or issues?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hugh Haynie
MC6 and Mountian Lion: Any conflicts or issues?
on Aug 3, 2012 at 3:28:41 pm

Does anyone know if there are issues with Media Composer 6 and OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion?

-H

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: MC6 and Mountian Lion: Any conflicts or issues?
on Aug 3, 2012 at 5:00:06 pm

It is not approved by Avid yet.

I have been testing it on my own (I cloned my system in case I needed to switch back).

No problems thus far. You are on your own if you choose to try. It's unsupported by Avid at this time.

Return to posts index

Gabriel Zeiter
on Aug 4, 2012 at 7:10:17 pm

I'm experiencing a bunch of problems. But I don't know if they are Mountain Lion related or not, since I just got Symphony 6, so no experience with Symphony or MC 6 since long time ago. And now after the death of Final Cut I decided to come back to AVID. I'm trying to move a whole documentary to AVID and continue editing there, since phrase find could be a lot of help with a docu. The problems begin with a lot of dropped frames during playback. I have all my material in G-RAIDS, working with plane Apple Pro Res 422, on a Macbook Pro 8GB RAM, @2.93 GHz. Also I get a whole variety of errors during linking to AMA files and even at idle times. So, that's my experience and I'm thinking of maybe returning to FC until 1. Avid releases a new version of Symphony and 2. I don't work with AMA since it seems to work pretty slow on my system, that FC has no problem at all.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Aug 4, 2012 at 8:19:38 pm

These are not uinique issues to Mountain Lion. They are issues with editing with AMA. Working native Avid media is much more reliable. AMA should really be for just previeiwing before transcode or quick, non complex editing, IMHO.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]