FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reordering Video Tracks

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Evans
Reordering Video Tracks
on Aug 2, 2012 at 1:14:35 pm

I came moved my project to another system and my tracks are now out of order. V8 is now below V3 and so on. I can't simply move stuff around to the new track layout as it is a two our show with tons of alphas/graphics. I can't seem to find anything in the manual about it. Anyone know how to reorder them so they display properly again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jeremy

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Reordering Video Tracks
on Aug 2, 2012 at 3:43:13 pm

Hold Alt and drag the tracks back into the right order (drag the actual V1, V2, V3 buttons).

Note, though, that rearranging the order of the tracks this way doesn't actually changed how Avid treats/views the tracks. You can move V8 with lower thirds below V7 but the lower thirds will still show up like they're supposed to (over the video on V7). Avid honors the track numbers, not their visual representation in your timeline.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Reordering Video Tracks
on Aug 3, 2012 at 1:23:29 pm

If you are OCD the way I am you can put the sequence in the source monitor and edit the tracks to a new sequence, patching the source monitor tracks to your choice of the new sequence tracks, thereby reordering so you see the tracks in a visual representation like Avid views them.

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]