FORUMS: list search recent posts

editing XD Cam files with Avid MC 5.5.3

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Earnhart
editing XD Cam files with Avid MC 5.5.3
on Jul 24, 2012 at 5:27:40 pm

Hi there,

Sorry to be lame, but I just upgraded to MC 5.5.3 from MC 4.0.5 in order to edit footage shot on a Sony EX3, which are XD Cam EX files. I can't seem to figure out how to bring them into the Avid. I downloaded and installed the appropriate plug-in from Sony's site (I think) which was PDZK-MA2_v1_2 AMA Plug-In. I've been scanning the forums about what to do from here in terms of importing and linking to AMA volumes, but I really can't figure it out. I've not worked with XD Cam files before. I'm under a big deadline, so if anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it!

BTW, I'm edting on a MacBookPro laptop, 2.4 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram, OS 10.6.4, with video card NVIDIA GeForce 9400M.

Thanks a lot!

Stephen

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: editing XD Cam files with Avid MC 5.5.3
on Jul 25, 2012 at 6:20:33 am

Link to AMA volume (under the File Menu), that should bring in the clips. Then, consolidate or transcode them so they become Avid MediaFiles.

Return to posts index

Stephen Earnhart
Re: editing XD Cam files with Avid MC 5.5.3
on Jul 25, 2012 at 12:29:08 pm

Thanks, I was finally able to do this, as there were "slashes" in the names of the files that prevented them from being seen.

Another quick question: Since I have two hour files, and don't need access to all of it, do know a way of transcoding just portions of clips? If if I transcode them at a lower resolution, will this partially transcoded clip be able to re-link to the original footage when I try and up-res my final sequence?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]