FORUMS: list search recent posts

Digital Cut dropout on Mac with Kona 3 and local HDD with MC 6.0.1

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elvin Jasarevic
Digital Cut dropout on Mac with Kona 3 and local HDD with MC 6.0.1
on Jul 24, 2012 at 3:45:17 pm

Hi everyone,

Need little bit help here. When i do Digital Cut on qualified MacPro with Kona 3 and local HDD (fast) occasionally i will get drop frame report in console window of MC 6.0.1.

My setting on Digital Cut tool are "stop on dropped frames"
and "add black at tail"

you can do this test even without VTR.

On Z800 there is no problem, but only on Mac Pro

- We first tested with a MacPro with only 3G memory, this is not enough according to MC6 (it complains on startup). After than replaced the 1G DIMMs by 4G ones (so the MacPro has 12G) and this made the Digital Cut dropping 'in the middle' of playing out much less. It still almost always droppes at the end (so no 'complete' window pops up) with 3G or 12G memory.

- When Digital Cut is running I do 'About This Mac' then Digital Cut drops frames and MC6 gives error messages, needs restart to get back to normal.

You need to look at the console for this print. It does not happen all the time, sometimes works (with 'digital cut complete' message) 3 times in a row example..

Also setting a 'black tail' of e.g. 30 seconds makes the error happen 30 seconds further (where no data is at all).

As i said earlier with Mac and if you keep console window you will see "Digital Cut has halted due to dropped frame".

To me seems that Mac version is not up to prime time. Anyone can share more successful story on this?

Elvin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]