FORUMS: list search recent posts

REDCINE X WORKFLOW when my mac crashed

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Maghran
REDCINE X WORKFLOW when my mac crashed
on Jul 23, 2012 at 9:27:55 pm

Hi All,

Was in the midst of transcoding all my red epic ftg to DNx36 when my hard drive crashed. All the mxf files are already in their mediafiles folders on an external drive. The aafs/ale files resided on my desktop along with the project itself. Question is, if I just media tool everything into a new project without using aafs from redcine, will this screw my online process? Coloring in resolve, finishing at dnx175 for festivals.

Brendan

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: REDCINE X WORKFLOW when my mac crashed
on Jul 24, 2012 at 12:23:22 pm

You should be fine dragging in from MediaTool or importing the mmd file from each folder containing the .mxf files. The MXF wrapper carries the minimum information needed such as filename as TAPE and primary timecode (TOD) in the START column. AAF is used to quickly import to a bin and links to the media, avoiding searching through the MediaTool so you have quick organization and relink in one step. The AAF doesn't carry much more metadata than what is already in the MXF wrapper. The ALE is used by some production that need all the metadata such as the additional timecocde and this is done by merging.

But for a straightforward TAPE (filename) and Timecde (TOD) conform, you are all set.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]