FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble with RED / Avid workflow

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew thompson
Trouble with RED / Avid workflow
on Jul 21, 2012 at 2:43:26 am

Im trying to transcode RD3 files in REDCINE X Pro into MXF/AFF files but the process dumps out into an error called "Error for processing image for frame: 0" Do you know why this would be happening?

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Trouble with RED / Avid workflow
on Jul 21, 2012 at 9:16:22 am

Sound like a corrupt R3D file to me.

Return to posts index

andrew thompson
on Jul 21, 2012 at 3:30:02 pm

I thought that so I tried to transcode into another fformat; I was able to make an H264 with no problem.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jul 21, 2012 at 3:29:29 pm

i've had some problems, not many, but occasionally spanned R3ds and Red Cine don't play well.

In those instances i've just done an AMA and transcode straight in Avid. Try it, it will at least tell you if it is a red cine problem, or an R3d problem.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Jul 22, 2012 at 2:12:46 am

I ran into those problem a lot. Not particularly with the RED One, but very frequently with the Red Epic. My solution was to transcode using Red Cine X Pro. In my export setting, under options, enable REDLine (Software only) and Frame Mode only. This will render one frame at a time and increase your render time significantly. I exported as DPX sequences, and I exported audio in a separate pass. The audio didn't always come through, but by exporting using RedLine, it renders one frame at a time and will work with corrupted frame. Granted, they'll render as black frames or with significant digital distortion, but you'll get your shots.

Then once those DPX sequences were exported, I used AJA's DPX to Quicktime translator to make quicktime files and I imported those into the Avid. I exported an ALE to sync meta data, and imported the audio separately and autosynced them together. It's rough, but it should work for those corrupt R3D files.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]