FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relink transcoded S3D clips to AMA S3D clips

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Gallani
Relink transcoded S3D clips to AMA S3D clips
on Jul 20, 2012 at 10:22:46 am

Hi all,

We shooting on a Sony TD-300 (amongst others). Most other footage is being edited at DNxHD 175, but seeing as the TD-300 shoots XDCAM EX, I wanted to just rewrap on transcode and edit at XDCAM EX 35Mbit.
We're onlining on a Mistika which doesn't fully support XDCAM yet. WHat i would want to do is edit XDCAM EX and then relink to AMA and transcode during aaf export to DNxHD 175.

I seem to be unable to relink back to an AMA S3D clip though. Everytime I do, it only relinks back to 1 eye. I've read a few forum posts and it seems this is possible but can't seem to get it working. I have tried making S3D clips, transcoding them, editing and then relinking back to the AMA S3D clip - but I get on eye. I have tried transcoding the 2 eyes before making the S3D clip, and then relinking back to the single eyes but that doesn't work.

Has anyone actually managed to relink to an AMA S3D clip?

Thanks

Return to posts index

George Bellias
Re: Relink transcoded S3D clips to AMA S3D clips
on Jul 20, 2012 at 3:01:15 pm

I have done extensive testing and have spoken to Avid about this. The relink option does not work with S3D clips. I experienced the same results you did (can only relink to one eye). Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update.

The only possible workaround would be to use the Update Stereoscopic clip option to replace each of your S3D clips with the AMA clip. I have not tried this so I am not sure if it works with AMA clips. Even if it does, you would have to do it one clip at a time as compared to relinking an entire timeline.

George Bellias
Jade Productions
http://www.jadeproductionsla.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]