FORUMS: list search recent posts

Junior advice sought

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lloyd Paul Rivers
Junior advice sought
on Jul 20, 2012 at 9:17:45 am

I am a first year Avid editor in Film School. I have a project with mixed media taken off different mobile phones. Most are different aspect ratios. My question is whats the best way to set up Avid for an overall aspect ratio? When i get info on my mac they read. 272x480 800x480 and 360x480

Any help before i start would be brilliant.

Many Thanks
Lloyd Rivers

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Junior advice sought
on Jul 20, 2012 at 11:30:05 am

Avid only works in broadcast and film formats. And none of those aspect ratios meet broadcast standards. And they way you list the ratios, they all look to be shot vertically, not horizontally...which is also a problem.

Avid is not the best software to use for this. Premiere Pro might work. But if you insist on Avid...not sure what I'd do. They are all mixed 3:4 and 9:16 ratios...vertical. Your best bet might to be to use an SD 4:3 setting...and then apply a 3D Warp to all the images to get them right. But then you'll have black bars on the side...

Not going to be easy. Avid isn't the best tool for editing cel phone video. Far from it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Lloyd Paul Rivers
Re: Junior advice sought
on Jul 20, 2012 at 12:36:34 pm

Hey thanks. I didnt even think of another editing software now that im committed to learning avid. I will try fcp and pp.

Thanks for the feedback

Many Thanks
Lloyd Rivers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]