FORUMS: list search recent posts

Easy way to reverse clip

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Dragovits
Easy way to reverse clip
on Jul 20, 2012 at 12:43:34 am

Is there a simple way to reverse the timing of a clip? In FCP all you had to do was check a box and the clip would play in reverse.

I've seen some forums talking about anchor frames and stuff, but I'm not that familiar with these tools just yet. All I'm trying to do is get a 2 second shot of b-roll to play in reverse so the person looks right to left instead of left to right... Thanks.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Easy way to reverse clip
on Jul 20, 2012 at 12:50:33 am

Look in the Effect Pallete under Timewarp. There is a preset for Reverse.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jul 21, 2012 at 3:34:42 pm

also could do the old fashioned way...call up your clip in the source side, and add a motion effect
set it to -100...or -200 ...or what ever speed you want.

Glenn

Return to posts index

ted irving
on May 20, 2013 at 7:30:01 pm

I don't know what the deal is with Avid MEdia Composer 6.5.2, but many on this post say you just drag and drop the reverse effect or a timewarp effect on the clip in your timeline and bam! you've got instant speed change. Not true. I"m getting killed on 6.5.2. I've tried every way possible to add the motion effect and I keep getting a white flash and an error message stating, "effect does not apply," when trying to drag and drop any of the motion effects to a clip on the timeline. Very frustrating. I can do it via opening motion editor and clicking promote and then adding keyframes, but that is it. Help!

Ted Irving
Freelance Content Creation
CBS MaxPreps/BBN3
http://www.tedtv.tv
tedirving@yahoo.com

Return to posts index

Matt Dragovits
on Jul 20, 2012 at 1:32:45 am

Boy do I feel stupid. Thanks so much.

Dragzz

Return to posts index