FORUMS: list search recent posts

previous/next edit problem - symphony 6.0.1

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
klaus rodahl
previous/next edit problem - symphony 6.0.1
on Jul 16, 2012 at 12:57:07 pm

this his probably (hopefully) an easy issue to solve - my keyboard is correctly mapped with a and s key performing previous and next edit - but instead playhead jumps to start and end of timeline. Same with the avid artist board. It worked well until i tried to find the mac shortcut for less or more detail in the timeline - know how to do square brackets in say word, but doesnt work in avid and did something when i tried various versions of shift+alt+cmd+brackets....

so - i cant find a way to reset to factory settings in symphony
or just get a and s back to what they should do...

anyone?

best regards
klaus

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
Re: previous/next edit problem - symphony 6.0.1
on Jul 16, 2012 at 2:02:46 pm

Are you talking about "next edit" with trim mode on a specific track? Or do you just want to be able to move the playhead to the next edit regardless of what track the edit takes place on?

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Jul 16, 2012 at 3:23:42 pm

At the risk of hijacking the thread, the latter is what I am trying to do. S gives me trim mode and I do not want that.

Thanks,
Robert

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
on Jul 16, 2012 at 3:31:08 pm

First go to the "composer" settings > FF/REW settings

checkmark "stop at head frames" and also "ignore track selectors"

Then in your keyboard settings map "rewind" and "fast forward" to whatever keys want (I have min at up and down arrows) ... voila. Now you have FCP-style back and forth.

Return to posts index

klaus rodahl
on Jul 16, 2012 at 4:30:08 pm

cheers daniel - it was the latter for me too - haven't got the avid in front of me but will check tomorrow, btw do you or anyone know how to get square brackets on mac when in avid? i can't fint MD and LD in the command pallette (cmd+3)

best
klaus

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Jul 16, 2012 at 4:34:30 pm

[klaus rodahl] "btw do you or anyone know how to get square brackets on mac when in avid? i can't fint MD and LD in the command pallette (cmd+3)"

More Detail and Less Detail are in the lower left hand corner of the timeline fast menu. It's not in the command palette.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

klaus rodahl
on Jul 16, 2012 at 4:36:41 pm

ok, but how do you assign them to keys? i don't want to grab the mouse everytime i need to zoom in or out on the timeline...

thanks
klaus

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Jul 16, 2012 at 4:42:03 pm

In the command palette change your mapping from "Button to Button" mapping to "Menu to Button" mapping. It's the radio buttons on the bottom of the command pallete. Then you select the key you want to map on the keyboard, then go to the fast menu and select More Detail. Do the same with Less Detail.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Jul 17, 2012 at 4:24:09 am

[klaus rodahl] "ok, but how do you assign them to keys? i don't want to grab the mouse everytime i need to zoom in or out on the timeline...

"

Command [ and and Command ] Zoom in and out of the timeline. I think this is what your asking for.

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
on Jul 16, 2012 at 4:50:35 pm

You mean the [ and ] buttons... to nudge something 1-frame left or right ? That is the , and . in Avid.

Return to posts index

klaus rodahl
on Jul 16, 2012 at 5:21:32 pm

Brilliant, thanks Michael and Daniel. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Jul 16, 2012 at 7:08:51 pm

Then in your keyboard settings map "rewind" and "fast forward" to whatever keys want (I have min at up and down arrows) ... voila. Now you have FCP-style back and forth.

You a good man. This really helps as I use this a lot to check my work and compare edits, clips, whatever.

Thanks,
Robert A. Ober

Return to posts index

Lisa Dare
on Sep 29, 2012 at 5:14:43 am

Daniel, I have mapped the Previous and Next edit keys to the up/down arrows on my MacBook Pro. The Previous and Next edit keys work from the Active Palette, but not the Avid Keyboard, nor from my laptop keys. Do you have any insights into this problem?

Lisa Dare

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]