FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relinking Once Again

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Ober
Relinking Once Again
on Jul 15, 2012 at 2:49:14 am

Hey Folks,

I needed to go back to my original non-transcoded sequence and make some changes to get PluralEyes to sync two cams. I made a copy of the synced sequence and want to relink my footage to the DNXHD115 versions of the files. I have tried a number of things with no success. Tried importing the DNX files into a new bin, relinking selected files in the current bin, and relinking to the media drive.

What should I try next?

Thanks,
Robert

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
Re: Relinking Once Again
on Jul 15, 2012 at 2:08:57 pm

So y'all ain't had your morning coffee yet and have no help for this notalentwannabe?

:-)

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Jul 15, 2012 at 2:20:21 pm

If your originals are Avid media files, and your transcoded files are Avid Mediafiles, and both versions are reachable (currently available in the Avid MediaFiles folders),
you should be able to relink to a specific resolution or 'any HD yadda'
You may need to do a 'load media databases' first, worst case you need to trash the media databases in the MXF folders.

Linking to AMA can be painfull, but linking originals to transcodes and vice versa should work fine.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Jul 15, 2012 at 4:36:05 pm

Hello,

With the Load Media Database (thought I did that before but it was late) and making sure the tracks are selected it relinked some but when I reopened it the links seemed to be gone. I manually replaced the main rear cam clip with it's transcoded counterpart but the handheld clips are still pointing to the AVC Intras. The main bin has both the linked Intras and the transcoded. What is the right way to link to the transcoded? I am going to reboot as I am seeing what may be a memory leak in Sym6. At least one other poster on another forum is having what appears to be a leak.

Waiting on MicroCenter to get my order ready, going to 24GB to see if that speeds things up.

Thanks Bouke,
Robert
PS: Originals are AVC Intra for the handheld (have the AMA plugin installed) and ProRes from AVCHD for the rear cam clip.

MacPro Early 2009 6GB RAM, 650GB and 1TB internals. AVIDMedia Files are on a WD 6TB Raid0 via FW800.

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Jul 15, 2012 at 9:23:04 pm

Solved it.

I had made a bin for DNXHD but the import failed. This time I just copied the .new files out of the main bin to the DNXHD bin. I made sure all of the .new files were selected in the DNXHD bin. I right clicked on my copied synced sequence in the main bin and did a relink to selected files in open bins. And they linked. Now the timeline plays smoothly.

This is at least twice now the relink to files in open bins has saved me.

Have a fun Sun.,
Robert
(except you Aussies & Kiwi's, y'all on Monday, eh?)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]