FORUMS: list search recent posts

Group Clip Puzzle

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phillip Byrd
Group Clip Puzzle
on Jul 11, 2012 at 5:39:13 pm

Working with Media Composer 6 on a PC, I have a group clip with five cameras. Everything works well for much of a 40 minute long sequence. Then, when I match to a picture in a clip, I get black in the source viewer and client monitor but I do get proper audio. Pressing the match key a second time gets the camera that is in the sequence at the match point in the source viewer. On the sequence, I am able to change cameras on a clip. So my group is still together.

I've created a new sequence and then attempted to use the group. Same story- audio is there, no video in the viewer, but I am able to make edits to the sequence.

Best I can figure is that the problem is with the group clip, not with the sequence. Anybody got ideas about this odd problem?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: Group Clip Puzzle
on Jul 11, 2012 at 5:59:56 pm

Are you in Quad split as opposed to nine split, and have you tried swapping camera banks?

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Phillip Byrd
on Jul 11, 2012 at 6:06:03 pm

I'm not using multi camera. Just group clip. This project is DNXhd145 and I just don't have the bandwith to display 5 cameras simultaneously. Also should note that I'm working with ProRez files recorded on AJA KiPro recorders via AMA.

--------------------
Phillip Byrd
Brandenburg Productions, Inc.
Montclair, NJ USA

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Jul 11, 2012 at 6:07:51 pm

I'm not following. Group clip. 5 angles, correct? That should be viewable using quad split. If the bandwidth is too high, try enabling "Playlength" or turning your playback quality from green to yellow, or yellow/green.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

Return to posts index

Phillip Byrd
on Jul 11, 2012 at 7:01:54 pm

I am not using multicam. I am using a group clip, which is related to multicam, but is a slightly different animal. It allows stepping through shots in source viewer or on the timeline. And I am using 5 angles, all with matching time code.

I am able to keep everything in sync. But I can't see video in my source viewer or client monitor, although I can still hear proper audio.

A real headscratcher, no?

--------------------
Phillip Byrd
Brandenburg Productions, Inc.
Montclair, NJ USA

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Jul 11, 2012 at 7:36:46 pm

I'm confused, because quad split will allow simultaneous viewing of a group clip loaded in the source monitor. I do this all the time to check groups for errors. I've seen this exact issue arise, normally in the case of a large multi group where a prior group had 5 angles, and the next group had 4. Because "Audio Follows Video" was not set, the audio being monitor was the audio corresponding to the first video angle, but for whatever reason, the Avid would be displaying the second camera bank (to corresponding the 5th angle, which is no longer visible because that angle dropped out). I also understand a multi group is not the same as a group, but I've seen this before and when the problem arose, clicking "Swap Camera Banks" has gotten me the results I was looking for.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]