FORUMS: list search recent posts

avid mc6 with proTools

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Groom
avid mc6 with proTools
on Jul 11, 2012 at 11:20:35 am

HI
Im thinking about adding Pro tools 9/10 onto my current "home" edit system with MC6 currently running on win 7 64.
Does anyone know of any specific problems with running the 2 on the same machine and any specific installation orders / requirements to follow.

I had it in my head that Id to d register and uninstall avid, then add Pt then re install avid.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
Re: avid mc6 with proTools
on Jul 11, 2012 at 12:00:15 pm

I run mc6 and pt9 on the same system. Mc6 is just a serial number and Protools is dongled. Works fine.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Jul 11, 2012 at 1:04:48 pm

so do i not need to uninstall avid before installing pt 9.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
on Jul 11, 2012 at 1:18:48 pm

Nope.

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Jul 11, 2012 at 8:43:06 pm

You ABSOLUTELY should UNINSTALL Media Composer first.

See the Coinstall notes here:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Compatibility/en354427

* Install Pro Tools first and then Media Composer.
* You must uninstall all older versions of Media Composer or Pro Tools before installing newer versions.
* Co-install does not support both applications launched simultaneously.
* Co-install of Pro Tools LE with Mbox 2 Pro is not supported with Mojo, Mojo SDI or Adrenaline due to Firewire conflicts.
* Co-install was not qualified with Windows Vista 64.
* When you uninstall Pro Tools, choose to uninstall just the application, not the audio drivers. On a Macintosh Pro Tools system, this is named the "Safe Uninstall".
* If you uninstall the audio drivers for Mbox or Mbox 2, Media Composer will no longer see these devices.
* If you run into any issues, uninstall both applications and reinstall Pro Tools first, then Media Composer.

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Jul 11, 2012 at 8:45:50 pm

P.S.: I have three PC's and one Mac, all of them have had PT and MC (or Symphony) coinstalled. I have always stuck to the instructions in the co-install notes. For PT updates, I would uninstall MC/SY first, update PT, then reinstall MC/SY. And it always kept working.
Thing is: both apps install some common files, and MC/SY demands these are of a certain specific version, and PT apparently is less critical about that (or is more compatible).

Return to posts index

Chris Conlee
on Jul 20, 2012 at 5:00:27 pm

Job's advice is good. I installed PT on top of my Avid install a while back and over time started having some audio driver issues. When I recently uninstalled both and installed them in the "correct" way, the problems went away. I'd recommend being safe over sorry, even though it can be a bit of a PITA.

Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]