FORUMS: list search recent posts

TV LCD Preview Monitor

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Perez Irizarry
TV LCD Preview Monitor
on Jul 7, 2012 at 11:36:24 pm

In FCP I used to be able to preview my edits in a 42" inches LCD TV for my clients; connecting it through component cables from my Kona 3, and setting the resolution in the preview monitor setting in FCP to 720p 59.98. All my sequences are in 23.98 but this format worked with my TV. This worked well when I had many people in the room watching the edit. Now I'm stock editing with my Sony 27 inch broadcast monitor connected to the Kona 3 via SDI. Now some chlients have asked me to turn it on, but the only thing that I can do right now is setting my Kona control panel to downconvert to SD and the video plays in the TV but the quality is not acceptable. Is there a simple solution to this for MC6? Is there an inexpensive hardware solution to connect the TV via HDMI, while also being able to monitor with my broadcast monitor at the same time? Is there something that I'm missing in the settings?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: TV LCD Preview Monitor
on Jul 8, 2012 at 5:01:53 am

Does the control panel not have a "add 2:3 pulldown" allowing the 23.976 to become 59.94?

There may also need to be a checkbox for progressive versus PsF as most monitors (other than broadcast ones) want to see progressive.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]