FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thunderbolt to HDMI

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Maghran
Thunderbolt to HDMI
on Jul 6, 2012 at 11:34:05 pm

Anyone recommend a good t-bolt to HDMI adaptor? Going to be cutting a RED short on the t-bolt 27 inch imac and would like to use my HDTV to screen cuts.

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
Re: Thunderbolt to HDMI
on Jul 7, 2012 at 12:49:57 am

Intensity Extreme.

Alex Gerulaitis
Systems Integrator
DV411 - Los Angeles, CA

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jul 7, 2012 at 6:20:02 am

Alex! How's it going?!

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
on Jul 8, 2012 at 8:37:51 pm

I am good Chris! (Still wishing Apple for once didn't make a mess out of a good thing like they did by usurping Light Peak and making a costly, proprietary, poorly adopted version of it and calling it Thunderbolt. It's clearly a high-end I/O interface - so a year-and-a-half later, why isn't it available on Mac Pros yet? Now that I am done with my rant...)

How are you, Chris? :)

Alex Gerulaitis
Systems Integrator
DV411 - Los Angeles, CA

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jul 8, 2012 at 9:47:09 pm

[Alex Gerulaitis] "I am good Chris! (Still wishing Apple for once didn't make a mess out of a good thing like they did by usurping Light Peak and making a costly, proprietary, poorly adopted version of it and calling it Thunderbolt. It's clearly a high-end I/O interface - so a year-and-a-half later, why isn't it available on Mac Pros yet? Now that I am done with my rant...)

How are you, Chris? :)
"

Oh, I'm sharing the same rant. If you ever wander by the the FCP X or Not forum you will see me bazitching like crazy over FCP X and the coma that the MacPro is currently in. I'm still using FCS, but I've been in a 6 month migration to MC6 and Pr6. In some ways, I'm quite grateful that Apple shook things up so badly; other days, however, I still find myself swearing at them. If I remember correctly, it was my order that got you guys involved with Macs and FCP in the first place. And, here I am, these many years later contemplating my next workstation as a PC. Should I apologize?

Anyway, things are mostly well. Keeping busy, or when not, keeping busy trying to keep busy. My daughter, btw, has just turned 14, if you can believe it. Seems like not so long ago she was sitting there in her mom's arms while we tried to figure out what was wrong with that Digisuite LE. Time, man; it just moves.

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
on Jul 19, 2012 at 7:58:28 am

[Chris Harlan] "If I remember correctly, it was my order that got you guys involved with Macs and FCP in the first place. And, here I am, these many years later contemplating my next workstation as a PC. Should I apologize?"

You remember right and no need to apologize. On the opposite: we met many interesting folks through that Apple business. Many of those, like you, are switching to alternatives.

[Chris Harlan] "Anyway, things are mostly well. Keeping busy, or when not, keeping busy trying to keep busy. My daughter, btw, has just turned 14, if you can believe it. Seems like not so long ago she was sitting there in her mom's arms while we tried to figure out what was wrong with that Digisuite LE. Time, man; it just moves."

That it does - glad to hear you and yours are well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]