FORUMS: list search recent posts

Symphony DNxHD to H.264

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Leahy
Symphony DNxHD to H.264
on Jul 6, 2012 at 10:42:19 pm

Quick question. I have a Matrox MXO2 mini on the way and just want to make sure I can use it in the following way. Edit in DNxHD and put in a bunch of different codecs. Export to H.264 Really freaking fast. Put video on Youtube, all while monitoring it on an HD monitor plugged into Matrox box. Yes?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Symphony DNxHD to H.264
on Jul 7, 2012 at 3:39:45 am

[Terry Leahy] "Edit in DNxHD and put in a bunch of different codecs."

Convert all those codecs to DNxHD...yes. You can't edit all sorts of different codecs native in Avid.

[Terry Leahy] "Export to H.264 Really freaking fast."

If you got the Mini with MAX...yes. If just the regular Mini...no. Need the MAX for this.

[Terry Leahy] "Put video on Youtube, all while monitoring it on an HD monitor plugged into Matrox box. Yes?"

Yes.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Jul 7, 2012 at 9:58:20 am

PC or Mac? I think that the MAX option is more accessible on Mac than on PC.

Return to posts index

Terry Leahy
on Jul 7, 2012 at 4:36:55 pm

I did get the mini with the Max and I am running on the latest Macbook Pro Retina Display. I will be editing spots using P2 media (AVC intra) mixed with DSLR. I should be able to convert that quickly to DNxHD and do my edit and then export wicked fast to H.264 so I can get to the upload faster. Will the conversion to DNxHD take a looooong time? I'm just trying to get in a position to edit as fast as possible with file based media and (rarely) a direct ingest from my camera.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]