FORUMS: list search recent posts

Footage shot at 30fps instead of 24fps like the rest of the project... anyway to fix this?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edward Calabig
Footage shot at 30fps instead of 24fps like the rest of the project... anyway to fix this?
on Jul 6, 2012 at 4:43:12 pm

One of my videographers shot at the wrong fps during a shoot on a t3i. After conforming the footage and bringing it into Avid, the 30fps footage is much slower than the rest of the 24fps footage. Is there anyway to fix this inside of Avid?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Footage shot at 30fps instead of 24fps like the rest of the project... anyway to fix this?
on Jul 6, 2012 at 5:06:33 pm

Bring the 30fps footage into a 60i project. Then go back to your 23.976p project and open the bin from the 60i project. MC will add motion adapters to convert the framerate, while keeping realtime realtime.

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: Footage shot at 30fps instead of 24fps like the rest of the project... anyway to fix this?
on Jul 6, 2012 at 5:08:38 pm

Is this your Avid system, or is it a rented one? It sounds like the console command IgnoreQTRate=True was set, which will force footage to play out at the projects frame rate which would make the 30 fps play slow. Normally, what you'd do is open a 29.97 ntsc project and import the footage into that. Then you'd open that bin from your 23.976 project and pull the footage over. When you cut it into the Avid, it will apply a time warp effect to play the footage properly.

EDIT: Job beat me to it! Do what he says.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]