FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid project sharing 101

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
Avid project sharing 101
on Jul 5, 2012 at 4:17:54 am

I am working on/with a shared environment for the first time and I need to know some ground rules. We will have a story editor watching all of our footage on Avid while we are still ingesting. If she opens a bin, can I still add footage to it or is it locked? Is there some sheet out there that sets the ground rules? Any other advice about what happens when two people are working on the same project? Before you ask - yes - we are using Unity.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid project sharing 101
on Jul 5, 2012 at 5:37:36 am

Whomever opens the bin first has read and write capabilities. Anyone else opening a bin that is already opened will only have read capabilities. No changes can be made. But they can load, play, and edit. But cannot add comments, locators and such to the clips in the bin. If they do, they will be prompted with a "save bin as" and now you are managing multiple bins.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Jul 5, 2012 at 5:38:37 am

Just this side of dandy. I was hoping to be able to add comments while adding other clips to the bin. I guess, as you say, there is no way to do this.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 5, 2012 at 5:44:48 am

As long as you're the one who opened the bin(s) first you can. It's only if you want two people logging in the same bin from two different systems that is the issue.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Jul 5, 2012 at 5:45:14 am

That's just what I want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]