FORUMS: list search recent posts

Spinning beach ball after insert when returning to sequence

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ali Grossman
Spinning beach ball after insert when returning to sequence
on Jul 4, 2012 at 6:16:06 pm

I am editing AVID MediaComposer on a MacBook Pro with LaCie thunderbolt drive. I was editing on 6.0 but a few days ago, I encountered a problem that every time I placed an edit in the sequence, or trimmed, a beach ball would appear when I tried to play my sequence to review my edits. This :20 delay is driving me crazy. I upgraded to 6.0.1.1 last night but the problem still exists. I also transcoded my sequenece to the HD, thinking that it might speed up the project. Nope. Any ideas? I would love to enjoy the 4th of July, but instead I am watching beachballs on my laptop.
Ali

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Spinning beach ball after insert when returning to sequence
on Jul 4, 2012 at 6:37:53 pm

Try cutting that entire sequence into another sequence just for a test. Perhaps there is something "funky" with the one you're working on.

Also, does the beachball appear everytime regardless of where the edit is made (first half of sequence, second half, etc.) as there may be a corrupt file in the sequence somewhere.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Ali Grossman
on Jul 4, 2012 at 7:50:25 pm

split the sequence into two parts and, sure enough, one sequence has the beach ball and the other does not. consolidating the "bad sequence" into new media and hoping that works. will let you know!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 4, 2012 at 8:44:36 pm

Yeah, kinda sounded like there was a corrupt clip in there or perhaps it is AMA linked to longer clips. I find the beach ball on AMA to H.264 clips longer than 20 minutes to be brutal.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Ali Grossman
on Jul 5, 2012 at 4:54:48 am

Yes, this was a transported clip (partitioned because of length) from a JVC mpg4 file. Darn it. I tried transcoding to a different drive but still the same problems. I am finding that most of my long clips are responding in a similar fashion, especially when I am working in group clips/multicamera mode. I wonder if it is part clip/part computer or AVID issue. If anything else comes to mind, please give me a shout out.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 5, 2012 at 5:34:36 am

Yes... AMA and multicamera are a no-no. There "might" be a chance of success if the codec used is native to Avid.

Are you transcoding the AMA linked clip at the master clip level? You may need to subclip first and transcode the subclips as I've had problems with transcode on longer clips as well.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]