FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mojo and Matrox MXO2 What the Heck are these things?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Leahy
Mojo and Matrox MXO2 What the Heck are these things?
on Jul 3, 2012 at 8:29:21 pm

Hey Yall! I just bought AVID and a new mac and am looking to maximize my set up. I keep hearing about things like Mojo and Nitris and Matrox and thatthese items have a place in your editing suite, but honestly I don't really know why I need them.

Question...What is Mojo DX and why do I need it to be a professional editor?

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Mojo and Matrox MXO2 What the Heck are these things?
on Jul 3, 2012 at 8:35:42 pm

I/O devices of any kind are used to capture from decks and to monitor video signals on (calibrated) video monitors.

While you could get by without a video monitor for offline and for some productions for the web, you need a proper video monitor to finish anything that will ever end up on video (broadcast, DVD, BluRay, VOD) as computer monitors are not video monitors, and traditionally are set up completely different.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Mojo and Matrox MXO2 What the Heck are these things?
on Jul 3, 2012 at 8:39:31 pm

Mojo DX and Nitris DX are Avid hardware options that allow the capture and output of tape sources...and allow for external monitoring on broadcast monitors so that you can see, full screen, what your image really looks like. The Source and Record monitors in Avid are not accurate color wise...like, at all. FAR from it. They are reference only, and are a lot lighter than what the actual broadcast signal is, so that you can see details in the shadows.

The Matrox MXO2...as well as AJA Kona like, and Blackmagic options, and MOTU...are third party IO devices that also work with Avid MC6 and Symphony 6.

Why do you need them? Do you capture from tape that is not firewire? Output tape that is not firewire? Need to see your image on a big screen, fully quality? Need to color correct and see the correct image? Then you need one of these. If you are an "offline" only cutter, meaning you cut the story and you hand off the "online," or color correction to someone else, then you don't really need these.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]