FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Stretching

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Mills
Audio Stretching
on Jul 3, 2012 at 3:45:40 pm

Hey,

I'm curious to know if there is an effective way of slowing down and stretching audio without mixing down my audio at all?

I have a clip shot at 100fps w/a 24fps TC and audio recorded with a 24fps TC too,

I want to slow down the audio and stretch it to fit the duration of my 100fps shot.

I understand I could cut the audio into a sequence, add filler, mix it down, then apply the TImeshift effect and stretch the audio to fit that way, but its so long winded and I dont want to be dealing with mixdowns.

Any alternative suggestions?

Many Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Stacy Lincoln
Re: Audio Stretching
on Jul 3, 2012 at 5:29:13 pm

To my knowledge, Audiosuite is the only way to time compress audio. If I have to do this, I make an audio mixdown of the compressed track...so I can then tweak the audio levels (because if you adjust them after the compression, it unrenders...which is really annoying). I have never found another way to do this. Because of that, I make the original timeline my "work" timeline, duplicate that, and put the audio mixdown on the "final" timeline. That way, I always have the original audio timeline if I need to go back and fix it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]