FORUMS: list search recent posts

Symphony's Boris

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Ober
Symphony's Boris
on Jul 3, 2012 at 1:39:00 am

Hello Folks,

I have the Symphony from FCP crossgrade coming. Is the Boris FX version the same as the version one would buy separately? Is it version 8?

Also, am I correct to understand there is not a separate encoding application with Symphony that does not require a DS?

Thanks,
Robert

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Symphony's Boris
on Jul 3, 2012 at 3:38:14 am

[Robert Ober] "Is the Boris FX version the same as the version one would buy separately? Is it version 8?"

Yes.

[Robert Ober] "Also, am I correct to understand there is not a separate encoding application with Symphony that does not require a DS?"

Normally...no. YOu'd have to buy Sorenson Squeeze separately. But the crossgrade you got also includes that.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
Re: Symphony's Boris
on Jul 3, 2012 at 3:44:24 pm

Thanks Shane,

Just finished reading a review that compared Squeeze to Compressor using a ProRes to H.264 encode. Compressor was cleaner but the tester was able to improve the Squeeze encode with a preset (he called it a filter) that is supposed to help web video.

The reason I asked is that I have Compressor and some others but I not sure I have anything that handles DNXHD but I will look at my Episode 6. Not a fan of the supposedly easier interface Episode uses these days.

BTW, is it the full or the lite Squeeze?

Thanks Again,
Robert:-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]