FORUMS: list search recent posts

Legacy versions of MCXpress for ABVB system

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrea Dezzani
Legacy versions of MCXpress for ABVB system
on Jun 29, 2012 at 8:06:40 pm

Hello to you all,
I have just rescued an used but fully functional PowerMac 9600 equipped with a complete ABVB boardset including Genie with dongle enabled to Xpress 2.0.x Elite level.
Configured on the machine was MCXpress 7.1v2 but the most recent CD installer that comes together was for Xpress 2.1 so I was wondering if somewhere is still possible to obtain the latest installer of MCXpress for ABVB. On the AVID site it is not more available so has anyone the 7.1v2 installer mirrored somewhere for download?
Another question: I also have a Media100xe system (I'm triying to put togehter a collection of old broadcast stuff) of what I appriciate the ability to import directly from DV: was there a similar option for ABVB too?

Many thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Legacy versions of MCXpress for ABVB system
on Jun 29, 2012 at 9:28:42 pm

I have no idea about legacy that old, but why dont you just come up to date with mc6. Deals are impressive. mc has moves on so far.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Andrea Dezzani
Re: Legacy versions of MCXpress for ABVB system
on Jun 29, 2012 at 9:52:31 pm

Thanks Peter,
I am mainly a collector therefore I am not much interested in recent editing hardware but instead in restoring the old systems and playing a bit with those state-of-the-art (for the time) video machines.
The custom hardware-accelerated editing systems (like oldest AVID and Media100) have always had a great attractive for me but the stellar costs of this equipment has always kept me to go over a simply curiosity.
Now that years have passed, it is possible to find these machines for about 150 dollars or less but, because of that, official support from factory is largely dropped so if something in the original packing list is missing the only way to find all of the puzzle pieces is to ask to oldest users or other collectors.
This is why I am landed here on Creative COW forums :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]