FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID Video Layer question

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Barber
AVID Video Layer question
on Jun 28, 2012 at 1:35:10 pm

This is probably a simple answer but I couldn't find anything.

I'm relatively new to AVID and have been using the PIP and Title Tool effects frequently.

I'm used to using After Effects where everything is isolated to their own seperate layers. So it's confusing me that when I create text using the Title Tool, or I create a PIP and lay it on a seperate video track, that video track then incorperates the track below it into the track.

Lets say V1 contains a still of a picture, and V2 contains the text "DANNY". When I go to add some animation to the text in V2, I find that V2 contains not only the text, but the still picture behind it, making it impossible to add an effect to the text itself.

Please help a n00b out. I'm sure it's something simple, but I've been trying everything and it's obvious I'm too inexperienced to troubleshoot this. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Michael Cheung
Re: AVID Video Layer question
on Jun 28, 2012 at 2:31:40 pm

When applying the effect to the V2 it shouldn't apply that effect to V1. Is this what you mean. You can add multiple effects to a single clip on the timeline - by holding alt as you drag an effect on.

But if i'm understanding your question correctly you can just go to effect mode and select the clip on V2 and animate the position as you wish without effecting clip on V1.

Michael Cheung
http://filmcutter.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

Juris Eksts
Re: AVID Video Layer question
on Jun 28, 2012 at 5:00:29 pm

For Titles,when you've added your title on V2, and want to animate it, don't add an effect (blend or resize or whatever) to that title, but instead click on the title and use the effect editor to resize or move, or promote it to 3D (at the bottom right of the effect editor window) and use the controls in that. That way the layer below is not affected.
For other elements on V2, use 3D (in the Blend group) to move the picture.
For more complex effects you may need to step into the V2 track, add effects to the video of the stepped-in layer, step back out, and again the layer below is not affected.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]