FORUMS: list search recent posts

nucoda to avid mxf workflow

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Smith
nucoda to avid mxf workflow
on Jun 27, 2012 at 7:53:50 pm

I am trying to solve a workflow issue regarding mxf media in and out of our nucoda.

specifically out of the nucoda it seems that the nucoda is simply choosing to not export about a dozen clips from a 22 minute sequence. I am using the mxf export option with handles and can relink back to 99% of my sequence in my symphony but as I say there are certain bits of media missing.

I can provide more detail if required but has anyone on here had success with the.mxf workflow and is there anything I should avoid with my clips ?

the clips that are offline in the avid are online on the nucoda and do not stand out as having different attributes to other clips that work without any issue.

thanks
Doug

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: nucoda to avid mxf workflow
on Jun 27, 2012 at 11:18:48 pm

Were this clips imported or AMA'd? Different frame rate than project/timeline?

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Doug Smith
on Jun 28, 2012 at 5:38:23 am

they were AMA linked clips exported as an aaf including a transcode to dnx185 . all same frame rate.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 28, 2012 at 12:04:51 pm

If you look at the "before" and "after" of these clips in the bin, with the following columns viewable: Source File and Tape - are the values in the same column and are they the same?

My guess is that there is either a difference in name or in different columns as AMA puts filenames as Source File whereas tape capture and many if not all third parties re-insert the source ID into the Tape column. So it is not an immediate relink. In v6, there was a feature added to allow relinking between Source File and Tape and there is a setting in the relink to address that. Keep in mind that it still doesn't work for R3D spanned files where the original name has a _001 attached to it. All transcode render engines using the SDK only return the 16 character R3D name minus the extension as it's handled by the SDK. For example, AMA a spanned R3D file and export the same one as MXF via RedCine X Pro and you will see the difference in the bin in the two aforementioned columns.

Verify to see of this is the case or not with your material.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Adam Hawkey
on Jun 28, 2012 at 6:57:26 pm

Doug,
Michael's suggestions are excellent, but could you please confirm that the Nucoda is actually exporting those files? I just want to make certain that it is a relinking only issue.
Also, if you post questions like these to the nucoda forum, you would have a much wider audience (including all Nucoda engineers).
Here is the link. http://forum.digitalvision.se/index.php

Take care,
Adam Hawkey

Adam Hawkey
Image Systems

Return to posts index

Doug Smith
on Jun 28, 2012 at 7:51:00 pm

thank you Michael and Adam.

We had complete success today by choosing the option'Tracks Multi Src TC' on export rather than 'Visible Multi Src TC' although the clips that were coming back as offline would be visible as there was only one video layer in the Nucoda.

I believe originally the files were simply not being exported but now when I compare my folder of MXF media I have about 8 or 9 extra clips which covers the holes.

For reference the sequence is 95% Arri Alexa OP1a MXF files and about 5% Red. The red has been working fine.

Doing our first actual conform for this series tomorrow with Grade and export from Nucoda on Monday. Maybe I will be back but I hope not!

thanks for the suggestion of the Nucoda forum, that might be a better place to pose this question.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]