FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID 6 allows you to trim within a group?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Lutsch
AVID 6 allows you to trim within a group?
on Jun 26, 2012 at 9:53:12 pm

I work in reality TV and an editor told me that MC6 allows you to trim within a group? I just want to get confirmation on this and if it does work, how to do it. This would really come in handy if a clip was out of sync. Instead of re-building the entire group, you would only have to trim the out of sync clip within the group. I haven't seen AE's dancing for joy, so it leads me to believe that MC6 can't do this.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AVID 6 allows you to trim within a group?
on Jun 27, 2012 at 12:57:09 am

In the timeline, yes. On the master clip so that it is in sync in the bin? I haven't seen this yet. That'd be cool.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 27, 2012 at 2:17:19 am

Nope

Return to posts index

Erik Lutsch
on Jun 28, 2012 at 2:54:39 am

Thanks, didn't think so. I heard this is a feature in FCP?

Would definitely be a nice feature.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 28, 2012 at 4:07:35 am

FCP to a limited extent can modify a group clip (multi clip in FCP speak) after its created. FCP X has even more options (but a host of fundamental flaws regarding audio).

Avid still has the most rock solid implementation (in my experience), but its more limited. You need to make a new group clip to fix anything after the fact.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 28, 2012 at 12:10:35 pm

I am hoping they extend the architecture done for stereo 3D clips to multicam and Autosync clips which allows the manipulation of 2+ clips in the stereo container to slide to create proper stereo alignment at the frame level. It also allows for basic source-side effect editing such as color matching and cropping for stereo alignment.

The architecture would be great for multicam since essentially you want to change the relationship of elements to each other within that group. The container also allow for clips to not have the same length and the window of view defaults to common spans, but is still available. This would be great for AutoSync to allow all the audio to be accessible since AutoSync defaults to the shortest clip and a match frame needs to be done to access either picture or sound sources beyond the boundaries of the subclip. Clips can also be added to the container after the fact...

Maybe in v6.5?

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Ali Grossman
on Jul 5, 2012 at 5:06:11 am

I asked the same question at this year's NAB and I was told that it was not possible. It is possible within the sequence, so long as you add edits on both side and do a double sided trim on your selected media within your group clip. I did it tonight in 6.0.1.1 while still in multicamera mode.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]