FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting AAFs/OMFs with Audio Time compression FX

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Cameron
Exporting AAFs/OMFs with Audio Time compression FX
on Jun 26, 2012 at 3:44:13 pm

Hello,

wondering if anyone has seen this and may have a solution. It seems whenever I export an AAF or OMF, any audio clips that have a time compression effect on them get chopped when you bring up the sequence in Protools (or import back into MC for that matter).

Doesn't matter if i choose any combination of linked AAF or embedded, whether i "include rendered audio fx", "Render all Audio FX". Taboot, even though i've chosen 120 frames handles, there are no handles to trim out in Protools.

The workaround has been to do an audio mixdown with the effect on it but If i can find a solution it would be great.

thanks

MC 5.5.3 / WIN7 SP1 12g RAM / Z400/800 > Protools HD v9

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: Exporting AAFs/OMFs with Audio Time compression FX
on Jun 26, 2012 at 5:26:36 pm

The Pro Tools operator also has the option to bring in, or not bring in audio renders. Did you check to make sure this isn't the case? I once had this wreak havoc on a sequence that was mixing frame rates.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Christopher Cameron
on Jun 26, 2012 at 5:32:53 pm

Good point. He swears he's doing it "correctly" but I can only take his word for it since i didn't witness it myself nor do i have a PT system here to test with but I'll double check with the mixer to see what options he is using to pull in on his end though. What's odd is that it if you pull it back into Media Composer the audio is chopped there too with no ability to trim out.

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Jun 26, 2012 at 5:45:17 pm

Coming back from Pro Tools, if it was just an audio stem then it makes perfect sense that it had no handles. If it were an AAF kicked out of pro tools, it would be up to the mixer to include handles, but in truth, I don't know much about Pro Tools abilities in exporting AAFs, as I've always gotten stems in AIF format, which by nature, don't include stems. I would assume you could kick out an AAF from pro tools, especially given Avid's big push on better interoperability, but I'm not positive on that one.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

Return to posts index

Christopher Cameron
on Jun 26, 2012 at 6:00:53 pm

Not coming back from Protools. I decided to try pulling the AAF back in before sending it to him just to see and noticed it was an issue within the AAF itself. Avid doesn't give you the option to "include renders" on import like PT does so i still want to double check with the mixer about his settings based on your previous suggestion.

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Jun 26, 2012 at 6:07:38 pm

Oh gotcha. Then in that case, that is pretty strange. You might start with basic maintenance, trash your MC states and site settings.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

Return to posts index

Christopher Cameron
on Jun 27, 2012 at 4:13:54 pm

waiting to hear back from mixer on this with regards to his options to bring in. Tried usual maint (trash settings, new user, new project etc. ) and tried on three different stations same issue on each. Plus, acquaintance of mine did a test on the MC over at the facility where the mixer is and got same results. Bummer... mixdowns are cumbersome when effect is used often.

Return to posts index

andrew thompson
on Jan 8, 2013 at 9:49:59 pm

Hi guys,

My mixer is not receiving time compressions from aaf's exported from my avid. He is however receiving EQ renders. Do either of you know what the issue might be?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]