FORUMS: list search recent posts

INVALID FILE NAME error on jpeg import

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Levine
INVALID FILE NAME error on jpeg import
on Jun 25, 2012 at 11:11:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am running Media Composer 6.01 on a new Nitris DX and have a problem that is driving me nuts because it is so basic. All I'm trying to do is import a simple jpeg image into one of my bins in an open project. I have tried every setting imaginable and just keep getting the same error: INVALID FILE NAME. I renamed the jpeg, created a new one, saved it in different formats, tried importing to other bins, changed settings to allow more than 27 characters in a name, and switched off the windows setting. I have also tried changing the the media drive, turned off the launch drive for importing, changed the permissions on the drive to ignore. . . and several other things. Now I'm wondering if this is a user setting issue. Video and music imports fine, I just cant import my graphics or images. HELP !!!!

Jerry in Miami

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: INVALID FILE NAME error on jpeg import
on Jun 25, 2012 at 11:31:00 pm

Is there a slash in the name? / Avid hates those.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Jerry Levine
on Jun 26, 2012 at 1:37:56 am

No slashes, asterisks, dashes or anything else Richard. The first thing I did was rename the image which was originally a .png file. I made it a standard jpeg. Then I did several "save-as" iterations in Photoshop creating a pict, tiff, etc. I also changed the name four or five times with the jpeg file. No dice. At first I thought maybe the issue was with the .png format but NONE of my jpegs are importing with the new Nitris and software upgrade. And these pictures imported without incident when I was running Adrenaline and an older version of Media Composer (cropped and uncropped) on my Apple computer. Dragging the picture file directly into the bin also fails; in that scenario there is no error message but nothing happens. That's why I thought changing the import settings would make a difference, but so far this hasn't worked.

Return to posts index

Ron Dylewski
on Jun 27, 2012 at 9:05:06 pm

Sounds like you may have tried this, and it's unlikely that a PNG would ever be saved as CMYK, but every now and then I get dinged by that issue...

Ron

Return to posts index

Jerry Levine
on Jun 29, 2012 at 12:03:12 am

Ron, the problem is occurring with ANY picture I try to import, regardless of format: .jpeg, .tiff, .pict

Jerry in Miami

Return to posts index

Jerry Levine
on Jul 1, 2012 at 4:44:17 pm

I found the problem - there was a slash but not in the picture itsel - the slash was actually buried in the folder alias I was using "Getty / Photos" used to point to the sub-folder containing the problem photo itself. Now everything is importing properly. Thanks for your help evveryone. For more information / suggestions see: http://community.avid.com/forums/p/110592/640694.aspx#640694

Jerry in Miami

Return to posts index

ted irving
on May 1, 2013 at 2:35:39 pm

I've having this issue now with files that have periods in them. Example S5.3T1.mov. Seems simple to be but Avid just won't install them and there are tons of these. I now have to figure a way to use automator and batch rename them. Pain.

Ted Irving
Freelance Content Creation
CBS MaxPreps/BBN3
http://www.tedtv.tv
tedirving@yahoo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]