FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relink to AMA XDCAM EX

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Travis
Relink to AMA XDCAM EX
on Jun 22, 2012 at 12:04:22 pm

Hello all,

Here's another newbish question from me.

I have opened up an old project and all of the media has gone offline. Here's a screen grab of a typical bin:

Now, those clips look like links to real movie files, not AMA links. However the drive we were given doesn't have the transcoded media on it, only the BPAV volumes.

Is it possible to link these clips to the BPAV folders? If so, can someone talk me through it?

I have downloaded and installed the XDCAM EX AMA plugin, but when I right click > link to AMA volume it still doesn't recognise the files so I can't tell if it's recognised the plugin.

As you can tell I am a complete newcomer to AVID so please don't holdback, any and all obvious/patronising/condescending comments are welcome

Thanks,
Chris

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: Relink to AMA XDCAM EX
on Jun 22, 2012 at 2:53:33 pm

Since those files are default XDCAM EX naming conventions, did they add any custom metadata to the clips? What I'm getting at is, if you need to relink those specific master clips, that's a little tougher. Otherwise, you can just remount the AMA volumes by going to File > Link to AMA Volume and point it to the folder containing the BPAV folder. You'll have do this for each individual as I can see there is a few.

Where these clips used in a sequence? If that is the case, you'll have to relink that sequence, which I can explain but otherwise, you should be good to go.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Christopher Travis
on Jun 22, 2012 at 3:01:42 pm

Yes the clips are used in sequences, and I need to bring those sequences back online, is this a separate process from relinking the clips in the bins?

Excuse my ignorance, I am an FCP refugee.

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Jun 22, 2012 at 3:08:57 pm

3954_rjsworkflowguide022012.pdf.zip

This should help you. It's a workflow guide I made primarily for working with XDCAM discs. The only difference is, if you mount your AMA volumes like I mentioned earlier, you'll have a bin populated with your AMA clips. Highlight those AMA clips in one bin, and highlight the sequence in it's own bin and right-click "relink" on the sequence.

When the relink dialogue box opens, click on "Selected itms in ALL open bins" and also enable "Allow relinking of imported/AMA clips by Source File name" This should relink the sequence.

Once that's done, I'd highly recommend you transcode. The Avid always plays nicer with MXF media.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]