FORUMS: list search recent posts

major avid mxf database issue

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caitlin miller
major avid mxf database issue
on Jun 22, 2012 at 3:19:43 am

I'm building a huge music project full of imported wav files. Recently, I had a problem where a bunch of bins were offline. After the relink option failed to work, I trashed the databases. When restarting the project back up, the databases for only two of eight folders rebuilt.... the problem is, my mxf folders are not just sequentially numbered. This project is on the isis, and media was imported from multiple computers. Each folder under the MXF folder were automatically named by avid as the computer name. For example: "z08_edit", "z01_producer"....

There are so many projects that utilize these audio files that I can't just re-import my media! And hundreds of files refuse to relink. How do I rebuild these databases?

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: major avid mxf database issue
on Jun 22, 2012 at 4:10:03 am

If you want your own system to be able to rebuild the databases, you can rename the to match your systems name. So if your system is ZEdit_01 and therefore your media files are in ZEdit_01.1, and media is stored in ZEdit_02.1, you can change that folder to ZEdit_01.2 (or whatever number is available) and then your system will be rebuild that media database. Keep on eye on your file counts. Most people say 5000 is the maximum, but I try to keep my media folders each under 2000 files.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: major avid mxf database issue
on Jun 22, 2012 at 11:06:14 am

I would simply rename the folders "1", "2", through "8" - you could always rename to the existing names if you keep a record of original names in case this doesn't work. This sounds like a permissions issue and I would think by renaming would eliminate that issue for all computers. Just a thought.

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]