FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trim with effects in clips?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Pugh
Trim with effects in clips?
on Jun 21, 2012 at 5:44:15 pm

Hi - from a recent FCP refugee - I'm trying to trim clips with effects (i.e. re-framing or transparency changes) and the monitors are black. Soon as I take the 'effects' off the clips, the picture returns. Surely something I must be doing wrong here? Anyone any ideas?

Thanks, been pulling my hair out!

Best, Ken.

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
Re: Trim with effects in clips?
on Jun 21, 2012 at 8:07:39 pm

the clips effects probably need to be rendered. Even if its showing a green dot on the clip, something nested, could be blue. try it out .

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 21, 2012 at 8:40:19 pm

Also make sure that "render on the fly" is active. But I have ran into this where trim won't show any image depending on effect.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Ken Pugh
on Jun 21, 2012 at 11:55:57 pm

Thanks it was a render issue. Although the clips played fine, in trim mode they vanished. Rendering fixed that.... until I started trimming with the JKL keys, and then I lost the picture again. The solution was to turn on rendering on-the-fly as suggested. the picture disappears during the JKL trim operation, but returns immediately trimming pauses, without having to leave trim mode and re-render. Even better feedback is obtained using the M<>? keys as the picture is not lost at all, even momintarily (although there is no sound this way).

So thanks for this great tip. I was wondering if another solution would be to temporarily disable the effects - but I could find no way (or mention) of this being possible, so I assume not. A global effect disable would also be great.

Many thanks, Ken.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]