FORUMS: list search recent posts

Retina Macbook pro HDMI out?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason carey
Retina Macbook pro HDMI out?
on Jun 21, 2012 at 3:44:01 pm

So does anybody know if with the new Retnia MB Pro if you can use the HDMI out to send to an hd monitor for the external monitor? I am curious about FCP and also Premiere with this setup for the same thing as well. would be great not to have to use a Blackmagic, or Matrox.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Retina Macbook pro HDMI out?
on Jun 21, 2012 at 8:42:17 pm

I think it depends on the pipeline of the video player from the application. I would love it too if it were an actual video signal being passed through, but my guess, at least for Media Composer, is that is will behave like a second graphics monitor with full screen play.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Jun 22, 2012 at 7:02:48 am

You can no more send a video signal out of the hdmi port than you can out of a dvi or display port. If you're ok with doing something like going full screen in at on a second desktop being feed out through your hdmi port, I suppose that would work.

This won't work with avid, as it doesn't have a desktop full screen video mode, like fcp7 did and fcpx does.

Though thunderbolt and soon usb3 devices are available that will support this, and they won't be that expensive.

Online Editor | Colorist | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 22, 2012 at 12:02:33 pm

You can have a desktop full screen in Media Composer, but as you say, it is just a second monitor, and not a the REC709 video signal. But if that works "good enough" for you, you do have that ability to have one monitor be dedicated to a full screen play. See "full screen play" settings.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]