FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem "link to AMA a sequentially numbered files"

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fernando garcia
Problem "link to AMA a sequentially numbered files"
on Jun 20, 2012 at 9:19:11 pm

Hi everyone.
I'm trying to link to AMA a sequentially numbered files sequence and doesn't work.
If I link to AMA file, and try to open one of the jpg, there's no problem. But if I link to AMA volume and choose de entire folder with all the jpg's, it doesn't work.
┬┐It's posible open all the jpg's like a video master clip via AMA or I'm doing something wrong?

Sorry for my english and thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Problem "link to AMA a sequentially numbered files"
on Jun 20, 2012 at 10:19:02 pm

AMA doesn't work with JPEGs. What are you trying to do, work with an Image Sequence? Or individual stills? Simple still images? If they are stills, you don't use AMA nor Import. Importing will convert to media and you cannot do any sort of push ins or pull outs.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

fernando garcia
on Jun 20, 2012 at 10:49:03 pm

Hi again and thank your response.

I try to work with an image sequence (a render from After Effects). I've tried with a jpg sequence and a tga sequence and did not work. I tried "link to AMA volume" and then choose the folder that contains the image sequence and got an error. I also tried "link to AMA file" an choose the first jpg or tga image and only opened an still image.
I'm trying open my image sequences with the"link to AMA" option becouse if i don't import them I save time, disk space and i can use them natively, without trascoding. My question is if i can open an image sequence in Media Composer via AMA (I don't know how: "link to AMA Volume" or "link to AMA file"?) or I only open them by import option and choose "autodect sequentally numbered files"

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 20, 2012 at 11:05:52 pm

Watch this:

http://library.creativecow.net/mcauliffe_kevin/Quick-Tip-Avid-Importing-Seq...

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

fernando garcia
on Jun 20, 2012 at 11:36:07 pm

Thanks Shane but what I'm trying is not importing the image sequences as the link shows. Importing them, Avid transcode the tga's or jpg's to a mxf media file, wasting time and disk space. I have a lot of diference image sequences and it takes a lot of time for importing. Perhaps is imposible but I'd like open them into Symphony 6 with AMA, the same way as I'd open a quicktime file.
Thank you very much for your time.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 21, 2012 at 12:10:51 am

Oh...sorry. AMA doesn't work with Image Sequences. You have to use the importing method. Or not and use another NLE.

AMA only works with camera formats and a few QT formats. Not image sequences. And even if you AMA the camera formats, you really should transcode to MXF media when you can. Avid REALLY wants MXF.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

fernando garcia
on Jun 21, 2012 at 12:23:04 am

Thank you very much, Shane.
I didn't know if I was doing something wrong. I'll import all my image sequence, after all is the method I've been using till now and I really love work in Avid.
Thank you for help us with your knowledge an your time.
You're a great guy!

Return to posts index

larry towers
on Sep 15, 2012 at 5:18:53 pm

I know this is old but the info is incorrect.
When you link by AMA volume, avid is looking for a specific volume structure consistent with specific formats.
To select image sequences simply link by file and select all of the files

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]