FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to relink subclips to masters

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Ausmith
Unable to relink subclips to masters
on Jun 18, 2012 at 5:22:02 pm

We've just received a drive with master clips, and a bin that contains subclips and appropriate metadata for each of the master clips. Everything worked fine on the machine from where we got the footage. However, on our machine, each subclip says 'Media Offline' when I try and view it. I tried relinking the media, but for some reason, Avid is unable to link the subclips to the master footage on the harddrive. I tried the relinking options-- scanning all drives, all formats, etc, with no results.

Perhaps I should also mention that we're running the trial version of Avid Media Composer 6, which sort of gives us 11 more days to figure this out. Any help on why Avid is unable to locate the subclips to the masters would be greatly appreciated!

Benjamin Ausmith
Post-Production Assistant
Monadnock Media, inc.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Unable to relink subclips to masters
on Jun 19, 2012 at 1:02:58 pm

You could try to trash the media databases, let Avid rebuild them and try again.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Benjamin Ausmith
on Jun 19, 2012 at 4:46:08 pm

No such luck, same issue. Other ideas?

Return to posts index

Benjamin Ausmith
on Jun 21, 2012 at 5:37:33 pm

Figured it out, mostly. We needed to download Calibrated MXF in order for our machine to even read the video files. Once it was able to do that, Avid was able to relink them. Not sure why those files wouldn't play with the Avid MXF codec, but regardless, we now have the codecs to play the files.

Benjamin Ausmith
Post-Production Assistant
Monadnock Media, inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]