FORUMS: list search recent posts

Run Avid MC6 on Leopard? Or must I upgrade to Lion?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corinna Robbins
Run Avid MC6 on Leopard? Or must I upgrade to Lion?
on Jun 16, 2012 at 12:31:52 am

Hello

I run a MacBook Pro with Leopard 10.6.8. I just downloaded Avid MC6 and started to install when I got a message that 10.7 (Lion) is qualified and recommended for this software (doh!). So, two questions: one, if I download Lion am I in for a world of hurt? Seems like there are mixed reviews in the Mac App store. Wondering if I'm going to end up opening a whole can of worms if I install 10.7. Second, is running Avid MC6 on Leopard an option or is that going to be more headaches?

Thanks

Corinna

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: un Avid MC6 on Leopard? Or must I upgrade to Lion?
on Jun 16, 2012 at 7:24:56 am

Snow Leopard. It will work, but it is not supported nor tested. Only tested on Lion

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: Run Avid MC6 on Leopard? Or must I upgrade to Lion?
on Jun 17, 2012 at 3:35:40 am

I've run MC6 on both snow leopard and Lion. If you do a clean install of Lion there is nothing to be afraid of. That said, make sure all your apps and hardware are supported under Lion. If need be you could partition your system drive and run a very clean Lion system with Avid MC 6 and keep the other partition just as you have it now. Be sure to clone your drive before wiping everything clean. The partition method will let you test dive Lion until you are happy and then move to it. You could still run all your apps under Lion and test them out; they'll just reside on the snow leopard partition.

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: un Avid MC6 on Leopard? Or must I upgrade to Lion?
on Jun 19, 2012 at 4:35:57 pm

I have two licences rumning snow leopard (1 is actually symphony)
..and one on lion..
Makes no differermce to me

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]