FORUMS: list search recent posts

globally remove ins and outs

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Alexander
globally remove ins and outs
on Jun 11, 2012 at 5:16:23 pm

Hi All,

Despite having cut on AVID for 18 years I know there are loads of shortcuts hidden in there that I don't know, but is there one for this....

I want to be able to select all the clips in a bin and then clear all of the marked in and out points so that I can make a timeline of the unedited clips to use as a source (virtual tape if you will). It was easy in FCP but I've never found a way to do it in media composer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Rob Alexander
Re: globally remove ins and outs
on Jun 11, 2012 at 5:51:10 pm

Ah... it's so easy you'd never think of it!!

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Jun 11, 2012 at 5:52:57 pm

Select all the clips in the bin, hit the Remove In/Out shortcut on your keyboard. You used to have to be in script view or another view (not basic - was it Text view?), but that might have changed in v6.x

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Jun 11, 2012 at 7:39:22 pm

Been doing that since waaaaay before (the current) v6.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 11, 2012 at 9:26:17 pm

You can also use AutoSequence which was designed for virtual reel creation. Selecting all clips and then AutoSequence will create a sequence where source timecode matches record side timecode. So if using TOD, there very well may be black gaps between clips. If you use the "option/ALT" key while selecting AutoSequence, it will create the same sequence with no gaps, (and no matching timecode between source/record). The AutoSequence process will also clear all marks in the process.

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]